Free Tv Shows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dollhouse! Disappointing or not?

+2
ricky911
Faith
6 posters

Go down

Dollhouse!  Disappointing or not? Empty Dollhouse! Disappointing or not?

Post  Faith Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:16 am

What do ya'll think about Dollhouse?

I am finding it quite boring myself. I hope it picks up. Sad

Much Love! Sad

Faith

Back to top Go down

Dollhouse!  Disappointing or not? Empty Re: Dollhouse! Disappointing or not?

Post  ricky911 Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:23 am

Its really disappointing right now. It was entertaining when it started but now the story is stretched too long without any reason. I am really disappointed..

ricky911

Back to top Go down

Dollhouse!  Disappointing or not? Empty Dollhouse

Post  Defect Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:37 pm

[b]Great series[/b], hope it doesen't get pulled like Dark Angel!

Season 1 (2009)

01. Ghost - February 13
02. The Target - February 20
03. Stage Fright - February 27
04. Gray Hour - March 6
05. True Believer - March 13
06. Man on the Street - March 20
07. Echoes - March 27
08. Needs - April 3
09. Spy in the House of Love - April 10
10. Four Engagements - April 24
11. Briar Rose - May 1
12. Omega - May 8
13. Epitaph One - May 15

Echo stops forgetting as her memories begin to return, and she slowly pieces together her mysterious past.

Defect

Back to top Go down

Post  r3mote Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:58 am

I like it! IMO, it just seems to get better with each episode! [also really digging the limited 60-90 second breaks].

there have been some 'filler' type episodes, especially the second ep,
but that's to be expected in a whedon series.
I can already tell that future episodes which focus on the arc will be excellent.
I'm a big joss whedon fan, though, so my opinion is very biased.

r3mote

Back to top Go down

Post  Defect Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:39 pm

In a telephone interview with Kathryn Shattuck, Mr. Whedon spoke about expectations for Echo; "The arc of the show is really her not remembering so much as becoming self-aware, knowing things in a more complex way than she should, knowing that she exists and eventually knowing that she used to be different than she is now".
This is the gel that holds it all together, I think r3mote has hit the nail on the head

Defect

Back to top Go down

Dollhouse!  Disappointing or not? Empty Dollhouse Info

Post  Defect Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:42 pm

Echo is the star Active, or doll, in the Dollhouse's cast of imprint-able friends, lovers, assassins - whatever the client calls for. Echo excels at pleasing clients because she's able to adapt fully, or perhaps beyond, each imprint. Echo is a special doll, but in the Dollhouse, special is dangerous.

Paul Ballard is an FBI agent assigned to the dead-end case designate "Dollhouse." He believes the Dollhouse is a secret and powerful human trafficking operation. Everyone else at the FBI and otherwise believes it's an urban legend. But the ridicule only feeds Paul's obsession with the Dollhouse and it's occupants. Specifically, one occupant - Echo, whom he believes in her former life to have been a girl named Caroline.

Adelle DeWitt is the highest authority at the Dollhouse, answering only to its parent company. Adelle is a company woman who prefers to keep the Dollhouse running like the business it is, but also a visionary who firmly believes that all involved benefit from the service they provide.

Boyd Langton is a Handler at the Dollhouse assigned to Echo. With his gruff attitude and unswerving loyalty, Boyd is the beat cop of the Dollhouse. The only question is, where does his loyalty land if Echo needs protection from the Dollhouse - or vice versa?

Topher Brink is a precocious scientist at the Dollhouse whose talents exceed his morals. He designs and operates the technology used by the Dollhouse, which he does with unreserved glee. Topher's awareness of his own flaws, and everyone else's, make him the ideal architect to build the perfect personality for any job.

Sierra is the newest Active, or doll, to join the Dollhouse. We know nothing about her previous life, but her otherworldly looks and ability to adapt quickly have made her an instant asset to the Dollhouse.

Lubov is the most recent addition to the Borodin family, a Russian mob that runs a large human trafficking ring on the FBI's radar. It's unclear whether the ring has any connection to the Dollhouse, but Paul Ballard is certainly interested in finding out.

Claire Saunders is the resident physician at the Dollhouse. She examines the Actives post-engagement, and their health and well-being weigh heavily on her conscience. Dr. Saunders might be the dolls' greatest advocate inside the Dollhouse.

Laurence Dominic is the Chief Security Officer for the Dollhouse. The dolls in their infantile state disgust him, and he considers them expendable in general. Mr. Dominic's job is to protect the secrecy and interests of the Dollhouse, which he takes quite seriously.

Mellie is Paul Ballard's down-to-earth neighbor and confidante in Dollhouse matters. Her realism helps balance Paul's obsession with the mythical Dollhouse and its occupants. Mellie's one indulgence, however, is her helpless crush on Paul.

Defect

Back to top Go down

Dollhouse!  Disappointing or not? Empty I'll give it another shot

Post  Faith Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:50 am

Well I am going to give it another shot. Ya'll convinced me. I think that will be viewing this weekend. I guess when you have certain expectations, from over the years and other shows, you think you're getting what you had before, in this case, Buffy and Angel. But that is NEVER the case.

Faith

Back to top Go down

Dollhouse!  Disappointing or not? Empty Intrigue

Post  Defect Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:48 am

Dollhouse reminds me alot of the series Alias with Jennifer Garner. The plot being: For seven years, Sydney Bristow believed she was working for a covert branch of the CIA, named SD-6, Sydney learns that SD-6 is part of a rogue international agency called the Alliance of 12, out to rule the world.
Don't ask me why? drunken

Defect

Back to top Go down

Dollhouse!  Disappointing or not? Empty Mea Culpa!

Post  Faith Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:57 am

Ok, I admit I was wrong! We watched several episodes before our internet went kerflooey, and then the holiday, dinner at moms..etc..

Dollhouse is actually getting pretty good. I wish Fox would take it off Friday nights though. That is giving it the kiss of death...

Am I mistaken but didn't they have Buffy as well, before it switched to WB? Is it a conspiracy they have against Joss Whedon???

Anyways I apologize, the show IS great..Thanks all! Embarassed cheers

Faith

Back to top Go down

Dollhouse!  Disappointing or not? Empty Dollhouse has been put on fridays along with; Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles series

Post  Defect Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:05 am

[justify]Buffy first aired on March 10, 1997 on the WB network. After five seasons, it transferred to the United Paramount Network (UPN) for its final two seasons.
Dollhouse has been put on fridays along with; Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles series (which has been described as "on the bubble", a term used to describe series in danger of cancellation), because friday ratings for some reason like some people actually do have a real life and 'go out', don't have to be that high which in itself make the viewing quota ok in itself.
If it wasn't for websites like: Free Tv Shows we here in the UK in all probably may never get to see it at all. [/justify] I love you Very Happy

Defect

Back to top Go down

Dollhouse!  Disappointing or not? Empty Epitaph One update

Post  Defect Sat May 16, 2009 4:10 pm

[b]"Epitaph One"[/b] is both a 13th and 14th episode of the series depending on how one sees from the production point of view. Initially FOX the network ordered 13 episodes for the Joss Whedon-created show but they decided to scrap the pilot, which then makes it a total of 12 episodes. The 20th Century Fox the studio however, had made international sales and the DVD deals based on the 13 episodes, thus it has to make an extra episode, which is 13th based on episode and 14th technically.

The FOX network, on the other hand, sticks to the 13 episodes it had paid. So it listed the 12th episode "Omega" as the season finale while [b]"Epitaph One"[/b] is "going to be on the DVD, which is premiering after Comic Con," according to Day.

Whedon however, is still fighting for the chance to have it aired on TV. "I would love it to air right after the other last episode, because it's much cooler that way, if it's not separated," he said. "Because it's really spectacular. It's really special. It's something very different. Very funky. I think I'm fighting a losing battle, but if we don't get on the air, we'll get on the DVD. People will see it. Felicia Day stars in it, so it's something I'm just crazy about."

[b]"Epitaph One"[/b] is taking place 30 years in the future and Day is playing a post-apocalyptic character.

FOX is putting faith in "Dollhouse". Talks were circulating that the network was close to renewing the Joss Whedon-created show, and now it is [b]officially confirmed that "Dollhouse" will be back for a second season with 13 episodes[/b] in order.

It will be included in the fall schedule and fill in the same time slot, Fridays. This confirmation was reported in an updated story by THR but FOX is expected to formally announce it on the Monday, May 18 presentation.

The renewal of "Dollhouse" is somewhat unexpected for the show starring Eliza Dushku has been receiving low ratings throughout the first season. Apparently the number calculated from DVR and online streaming help to get the show back for another round.

Defect

Back to top Go down

Dollhouse!  Disappointing or not? Empty Dollhouse is renewed but at what cost???

Post  Faith Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:01 pm

Fox did renew Dollhouse, but only 12 episodes, half the budget costs, and no more 90 second breaks, the regular 3-5 minute breaks. It is an absolute travesty that Fox has no faith in a man who has a proven track record, with 2 series that are cult hits and lasted 5-7 seasons, and one that they (the network) screwed up so bad, yet it still had the following to have a big screen movie made. When are these networks going to learn, our opinions matter? Instead of putting all the drivel of reality shows on, why not let us have our dramas back? Especially ones that are supernaturally or scientifically based? We all don't want to see to see twenty or thirty medical or crime based shows. Especially the same old recycled storylines from the news. Isn't television supposed to give us that boost of fantasy, we so desperately need to escape from the realities of the day? The US needs to take more of cue from the Brits, and bring back the fantasy!
Mad Mad

Faith

Back to top Go down

Post  Blitzwing Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:20 am

I gotta admit i'm a little uncertain about 'Dollhouse' and a brief read through the comments seem to suggest that the underlying story is pretty weak and that perhaps expectations from a Joss Whedon show should make this a more riveting watch with Buffy & Angel being so hugely successful and cult hits and of which i am a fan myself.

I watched Dollhouse and at the moment i'm not seeing how this can go much further - one of the things that made his previous work so successful was not the content matter, but the way the character's developed and grew inside thier environment, he made you care about everyone equally which hooked you into the show - the fact that we all go nuts for anything outworldy or supernatural fit both those series exceptionally well. Not to mention how the shows deal with certain real life situations, love, friendship, loss, family, power, responsability and so on.

What makes this series difficult for me is that half the shows characters are 'reset' every episode and i'm finding it difficult to connect to any of the main protagonists - we see Tophers Moral growth start to happen fairly late on and Echo trying to literally 'find herself' neither of which have hooked me in so far. Couple that with both the Boyd & Ballard Characters seemingly 'off the boil' towards the end of the series having been so 'gung-ho' early on it leaves me wondering what reasons are left to watch it, should the next series get finished and aired.
Ballards obsession with Echo will get boring, fast, as will the growing 'love' between Sierra & Lubov? as Doll's.
Personally i dont think the premise of the series will provide enough excitment to keep it going past 3-4 seasons at best.

I do however, like the idea of the 'Dollhouse' and knowing Joss as being a traditionally slow starter i will not to completely abandon the Dollhouse until i have at least seen half of Season 2.

3 / 5 - Could be better.

Blitzwing

Back to top Go down

Post  lovetv Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:48 am

The first season was the slow start, thus far the second season is amazing.

lovetv

Back to top Go down

Post  lane Sat May 29, 2010 3:41 am

Do not watch this show unless you have at least a little brain power to be able to understand the concept.

[url=http://www.dvdbestonline.com/search.aspx?word=Dollhouse]Dollhouse Seasons 1-2 DVD Boxset [/url]

lane

Back to top Go down

Post  lane Sat May 29, 2010 3:41 am

Do not watch this show unless you have at least a little brain power to be able to understand the concept.

[url=http://www.dvdbestonline.com/search.aspx?word=Dollhouse]Dollhouse Seasons 1-2 DVD Boxset [/url]

lane

Back to top Go down

Post  alex28 Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:08 am

in the begining this show is good but nw it is booring and there is no story [url=http://www.edogo.com/]free tv show[/url] Shocked
alex28
alex28

http://www.edogo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down